Saturday 15 December 2018

Chapel, stormy weather


When I was thinking of the possibilities of placing the little chapel in imaginary landscapes, this stormy weather was one of the things that came to my mind.
As I have written in a previous post some construction work was going on in my home so I have not been able to paint as often as I like, and it has taken me a few weeks to make all the paintings that appeared 'on my list' for this project. There is even more inspiration coming up now, so I am not finished yet.

The landscape resembles the 'misty' version, and this is very much like the real landscape the chapel is standing in. It is almost alone on a hilltop, visible from afar.

Maybe you have already noticed, there is always a light in my chapel, visible through the window and the open entrance. 
Of course the chapel must have been consecrated, so it is home to the presence of God and there is always a light inside to symbolise that. 
I have chosen to emphasise that in all the versions I have made - and will make.

More information about this watercolour painting (materials used, size, availability, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment