Sunday 23 December 2018

Poinsettia


A few months ago I started thinking about Christmas cards.
I usually make a watercolour painting, make a good picture, add some wishes to that picture and order some printed cards.
The cards have been sent two weeks ago, I really hope the mail delivered them all.
Now it is time to post the online wishes and to add this painting to my blog.


This is the result of the work I have described above, a Christmas Card in the Dutch language of course.

My inspiration came from a book with templates to be used for drawings, embroidery or something else and I have changed the flowers a bit to get a nice composition.
I have used my Cotman set of paints - mostly because I still have them and don't want them to go to waste.
Flowers are not a subject I am very good at, but for this year I wanted to try these beautiful Christmassy ones.

More information about this watercolour painting can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment