Friday 26 April 2019

New leaves - white on black


During our visit to the 'Von Gimborn Arboretum'  I have - as I wrote before - made enough reference pictures of flowers, trees and new leaves to give me a few months worth of painting material.

This time I have painted the fresh green (a bit blueish green) leaves of the Pyrus salicifolia 'Orientalis' , a small tree and its name translates as 'willow- leaved pear tree'.

I chose to make a white-on-black painting this time because this gives me a nice dark background for the bright green of the fresh new leaves. The advantage of this choice is that this background does not ask much attention to be made and cannot be ruined. 
I have been able to give all my attention to the leaves, especially because painting on this paper is a bit different from my usual watercolour technique. 

Unfortunately I cannot get the picture I have made of my painting to have the right colours, maybe tilting the screen a little can do the trick.

More information (size, colours used, contact information, availability, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment