Saturday 4 July 2020

Lingebos - east


When we were walking in the recreation area 'Het Lingebos' I did not only see thistles and bumble bees, there was much more. The area is part of the river basin of the river Linge, so there is a lot of water. The reference picture for this painting was made standing on one of the many small bridges and I liked the curve in the river, the reflections and of course the reeds, trees and bushes on the riversides.

In the curve there is some duckweed and painting that has always been a challenge for me, so I decided that I need more practice.
I am happy with this result, but I k now I will have to paint more scenes with duckweed and other water plants to make this a part of my 'toolbox'.

After having painted flowers, leaves and berries for a long time it is time to change the subject in which I want to improve my skills, and I have decided on water. That will include small rivers like this, or the larger ones that are close to my home and of course seascapes, waves and if possible waterfalls in all shapes and sizes. In all kinds of weather conditions if possible. 

The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size of this painting and the availability can be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment