Monday 20 July 2020

Still sleepy


This watercolour is of course the result of my promise to myself that I would try to improve my skills in drawing and painting cats (see my previous post).

After I had made the charcoal drawing for the July challenge I did send a picture of the result to my brother, who went to see the reaction of my models. 
They did open their eyes, yawned and went back to sleep again, but not without being photographed again by my brother, who sent me the pictures.

This time I decided to make a watercolour of the two brothers and here they have just opened their eyes - or are almost closing them again.

The dark one did not have much 'shape' as it was really hard to see his face. The ears and eyes were visible though and some details of his nose. The light coloured brother had his eyes almost closed now, so the blue was not visible. 
And the colours of their fur..... One is almost black with hints of a reddish brown, the other is taupe - and how to mix taupe was another challenge, but it looks almost right.

To make the drawing easier for me I had chosen a white cellulose paper, which did not make painting easy, but this I can handle now.

I still think I want to improve my skills at drawing and painting cats but this watercolour is what I hoped it would be.

The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size and availability can be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment