Thursday 30 July 2020

Deep in the forest



This is a fantasy drawing, inspired by tales and myths.
In an old forest, hidden from sight lies an old abandoned house, with a low wall around it. When you venture into the forest and go where the path has become a small track used by some very brave or foolish animals, you might see the place. The answer to the question who once lived there is in the local ghost stories and myths.

I have tried to make a charcoal drawing with the atmosphere of an old tale. Because I wanted the viewer to tell the building and the wall around apart from the background, the scene is not as mysterious as I first planned. 
Sometimes I have to adjust my original plans in order to show what I want to.
If I had not done so, the whole scene would have consisted of shades of grey without any structure.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability are in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment