Thursday 9 July 2020

Sleepy


The July challenge of our regional amateur art association (Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken) was 'on the edge of sleep'. There were a lot of hints in the description of the theme, but the first thing that came up in my mind was this.

The innocent models are my brother's two cats that yawn very  ...  inspiring.

Of course I thank my brother for the pictures he made for me. I intend to use them to work on my skills as a cat - painter. This drawing is good for the challenge, but does not suffice as a portrait of these two Asian brothers. As mentioned, I will work on it.

Because one of the brothers is almost black and the other is almost white, I had chosen charcoal for this drawing with the use of some pastel pencils for the colour inside the ears and mouth.
The sheep skin they use as their 'living room bed' is only suggested.

After I had shared this drawing with my brother he sent me the pictures of their reaction - so I have a lot of practice material now.

The information about the materials I have used for this drawing, the size and availability can be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment