Thursday 24 September 2020

Autumn mood

 



Now it is really autumn, not only on the calendar but also outside, with rain, wind and dropping temperatures. The inspiration to paint flowers is far away now, I have been browsing my archive of mushroom pictures for  this watercolour painting.

The reference picture was made a few years ago and I have forgotten where this was. It was a forest - but we have been walking in many forest or woodland areas over the past years.

This is a large group of mushrooms and those in the foreground were already withering when the picture was made. They were growing on a piece of dead tree that was on the forest ground.

For the background I have chosen colours that are also seen or used in the mushrooms. The mushrooms are painted in way that is very close to reality.

The information about the paper and paint I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com




No comments:

Post a Comment