Monday 14 September 2020

Groynes in the river

 



In the rivers near my home are groynes to regulate the current and to mark the channel for the many ships that use our rivers for transport. When the rivers are closer to the sea they have quay walls and thechannel that can be used for transport is almost as wide as the river itself.

I like the parts with the groynes better, they look more natural, even though you often cannot walk there, these areas are often protected.


The september challenge of  'Goed gezien - Goed Bekeken' is "You can find me by the river" and I have decided that these groynes (that can be found by the river) are my subject for this challenge. I have been looking for reference pictures in our photo albums and I have combined some memories in this composition.

As the river and the groynes are my subject, I have simplified the bushes and fields.

The fact that I have tried to improve my skills in painting water during my painting vacation has helped me here, I had much more confidence about the river so it was not overworked.


The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment