Saturday 5 September 2020

Mushrooms - end of summer

 



My first mushroom painting of this year. 

There will be more mushroom paintings in the next months as I hope to make some nice reference pictures during our walks. The reference picture for this watercolour was made by my husband a few weeks ago.

The picture shows some large white mushrooms and dark green nettle leaves. 

As the mushrooms were pictures from above, it was not really easy to paint them as recognizable mushrooms. I have added some extra leaves, stalks and shadows to turn this scene into a better painting. Yes, there was a challenge here.

The contrast between the light mushrooms and the darkness of the soil and the nettle leaves was what made my husband make the reference picture in the first place so I have done my best to emphasize that contrast in my painting. 

I have used a small size paper and some dark colours that are relatively new for me.  The result is what I hoped it would be and I am inspired to use these colours more often.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability can be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment