Saturday 14 November 2020

Orange Mushrooms

 



During our short vacation very close to our Natural reserve 'Sallandse Heuvelrug' we did go for a signposted walk every day and made lots of pictures - as I mentioned in earlier posts. Of course I made reference pictures of the mushrooms, there were some large groups of them on the forest ground and their colours were great.
These were bright orange against a brown forest floor filled with leaves, branches and dried pine needles so they did stand out very nicely.

For my watercolour painting I have rearranged the mushrooms a bit to make a good composition. The forest ground is a bit different as well - for the same reason.

I started my painting with a background in orange shades and added salt for structure. 
When all was dry, I started placing the mushrooms, using my reference picture for the shapes. The forest floor was only suggested, it would take too much attention if I painted all those little details.
Later I decided to add the same greyish blue in the background that is also used in the colours of the foreground.

Of course I could have added much more of the mushrooms, but this was a relatively small but bright coloured group (I have seen much larger groups during our walks) so I have made my composition with those that were in my reference picture.

The information about the paper and paints I have used for this watercolour painting, its size and availability can all be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment