Sunday 15 November 2020

The school mushroom

 



The name of this charcoal drawing comes from the place where my husband made the reference picture: the schoolyard of the primary school where he is a teacher.

The schoolyard has some areas with wood chips and in this time of the year there are lots of mushrooms growing there. Most of them are trampled by the playing children, but this one had a spot where it could grow a bit bigger. My husband spotted it and made a picture.

Of course I wanted to make a painting or drawing using that reference picture. As the mushroom is grey, I decided to make a charcoal drawing.

The wood chips and bamboo grass are only suggested, as the mushroom is my subject.

For this drawing I have chosen a small piece of paper, approximately size A4.

The information about the materials I have used, the (framed) size of my drawing and its availability can all be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment