Tuesday 24 November 2020

Itchy

 


While we were in our vacation home, I did already spend a rainy morning to draw one of the squirrels that came to eat the peanuts we put out on the table that was on the terrace.
Of course we made lots of reference pictures of the two (or more) squirrels eating and sitting on that table and one moment one of them got itchy.  Very itchy.

I made a picture as soon as I saw him scratching his chin (I think this was a 'he' because this was the biggest one), but his foot moved so quickly that the movement was still in the picture. 

Of course I wanted to draw or paint this little scene and I have chosen to draw first. I am not very experienced in painting or drawing animals so this is to get the shape of the squirrel right. For the drawing to be right, it must look like a squirrel and I had to practice that.
For this drawing I used a small size paper and my watercolour pencils and again I have layered the colours until I was happy with the result.

The information about the paper and pencils I have used, the size of my drawing and its availability can be found in my Tumblr blog 






No comments:

Post a Comment