Monday 9 November 2020

Yellow mushrooms

 



This November the challenge of 'Goed Gezien-Goed Bekeken' is 'Colour in Nature' and with autumn at its end we surely have had more than enough colour in nature to inspire us. 

But when do you really get inspired by colours in nature? When they stand out against a contrasting background of course, so I chose to make a painting after some pictures my husband made during our last walk on the Sallandse Heuvelrug a few weeks ago.

On some chunks of grey bark that were stacked close to the path grew some very orange-yellow mushrooms and they did stand out beautifully. The hoods were cracked, so a light yellow colour was shining through at some places and even before the challenge was published I knew I wanted to paint these mushrooms.

For my watercolour I chose to leave out all the distracting details of the tree bark and lay emphasis on the mushrooms as they were my subject.

The structure of the bark is still suggested by changes in colour and some lines where the shadows were and depth is created by adding some warm colours to the pieces of bark in the foreground. This was a bit of a challenge, because the whole scene has not more depth than thirty or forty centimetres. 

Once again I have tried to find the name of the mushrooms and failed.

The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size and availability of this painting can all be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment