Monday 5 April 2021

Dreaming of... visiting a museum

 



What would I do first after our lockdown restrictions are over? I think I would love to visit a museum, there is a nice exposition about trees in the museum nearby and I want to see those paintings. 

The twelfth week of the Weekly Lockdown Challenge (Artists&Illustrators Magazine) with the theme 'Going Out' inspired me to think about the subject and paint this watercolour.

Because we still have a lockdown and the museums are closed, I chose to paint a dream-like scene about a visit to the museum. 

The visitors are not really there, they are only dreaming. Or are they ghost-visitors, and is the museum itself dreaming about better days? I don't know, I only painted it.

The visitors were added after I painted the museum wall with the paintings that are in the exposition using white watercolour paint. White watercolour paint is not very opaque, so the original painting is still visible - as I wanted it to be. The pencil lines of the sketch could not be erased completely, so these have become part of the 'ghost' images of the visitors.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment