Sunday 11 April 2021

Sonic Screwdrivers, assorted

 



The last Weekly Challenge of this season is all about 'Britain' so I had to think of something original to inspire me. I do definitely not want to make the same kind of painting most other contestants will submit so I did not paint Stonehenge, Big Ben, the Monster of Loch Ness or any other obvious subject. 
Of course, there is no guarantee at all that I came up with an original idea for this painting, that will show in a week, when the results are published.

There are and have been lots of things British in my life and one of my childhood memories is the Fourth Doctor. When Doctor Who was reintroduced several years ago my children and me were watching every Sunday evening. We stopped that after my children moved out.

Searching for reference images on the internet I have chosen to paint the Sonic Screwdrivers of the Fourth, Tenth and Eleventh Doctor as they are the ones I remember the most.
This is a very simple still life, I started painting on the left side of my paper and added the other two screwdrivers one by one. I decided to stop there and the way they are distributed over the paper plane made me decide on the title which suggests an advertisement for sale the items.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of the painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment