Friday 18 January 2019

About me... (mixed media)


This is in answer to a challenge by 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken', the amateur art association of which I am a member. There will be a challenge each month this year and the January challenge is to depict 'yourself' as good as possible.

That is not an easy task, so I started thinking. The boiling kettle with things coming up that are important to me is a nice alternative to a self portrait.

What is coming up in the bubbles are a palette and brushes of course and a book with a cup of coffee (or tea) are also included. My walking boots and a compass which stands for the signposted walks I like to do with my husband are also visible, as well as a shawl (I almost always wear one outside the house and sometimes even inside). And my baking and cooking passion is depicted with a cake. In some of the smaller bubbles are stars.
The kettle is placed in a forest landscape, the trees are also essential to me.

I have used watercolour, of course, but I have also used a lot of my pencils and charcoal for the underside of the kettle, where it is blackened by the fire.

In this painting I have used the kettle with all the different bubbles as an image for my various hobbies and passions and I have used the landscape setting because that is my most important subject when I am painting.

It really was fun making this up, sketching and painting/drawing this, but I don't think I will do this very often.

More information about this mixed media painting (all the materials used, size, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment