Wednesday 2 January 2019

White world - 3


This is the third and last painting I made during our short vacation in Saarburg (Germany).
After the first two I was gaining confidence and I have chosen a more detailed scene for this one. 
The other two watercolour paintings were made in the afternoons and there was some light coming from the windows, helping me to see my work-in-progress better. This one was made in the evening so my only light source was a lamp and I have been struggling with the light that reflected in the wet parts of my work. 

This scene is in between the frosted trees and the leaves that are still on the beech trees are adding colour to the scene. 
The path is almost black but I have softened that a little so it does not stand out so much. 
We had to walk down that path to reach our vacation home again, behind us was a point of view that overlooked the valley of the river Saar - in clear conditions, we had not much view in the foggy weather of that day. I am not complaining here, the foggy weather and low temperatures gave that wonderful frost I have been painting.

More information about this watercolour painting (size, materials, availability, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 





No comments:

Post a Comment