Tuesday 1 January 2019

White world - 2


Last weekend we were near Saarburg (Germany) and we found ourselves in a beautiful  white world. This was because the temperatures were low and the fog had made ice needles on all the branches, humps of clay, grasses, wires, and many more things.

My husband and I were walking in the hills surrounding our vacation home and made many pictures of this beautiful white world. The day after this the weather was warmer and all the ice had gone.

In the afternoons I painted in our vacation home and these pictures were my inspiration. After the first painting I had chosen another beautiful scene, with some pine trees in it. Their darker shapes make the white trees and bushes in the foreground stand out even more.
The tree trunks were dark against all that white and that gives depth to this scene, together with the hilltop in the background.

In this painting I have used paint from one of my watercolour sticks. The result is of course exactly the same as the results from paint in pans or from tubes, it is an extra that the sticks can also be applied like crayons. 

More information about this painting (materials used, size, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment