Tuesday 1 December 2020

Sallandse Heuvelrug - Sunset

 



During our short stay near our Natural reserve the 'Sallandse Heuvelrug' we walked to the vacation homes of our children for dinner at the time of sunset. One of these days we had a great sunset so we took a shortcut to a road outside the vacation area and stepped away from the trees to have a good view. My husband had the camera and he made some nice pictures.

Of course I wanted to paint this beautiful sunset and here is the result.

I have challenged myself by choosing Grain Torchon paper, which holds the water a bit longer than the Grain Fin paper I usually paint on. There were some clouds that looked great, so I had to paint them as well.

For the foreground I relied on my memory. A camera always gives a dark, almost black foreground when you make a sunset picture, while in reality there is a lot to be seen. In this case there were fields that were harvested recently, so we could see dark earth with some lines made by the machines.  For the painting I have changed that foreground a little bit.

The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size of this watercolour and the availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment