Monday 10 May 2021

Dark clouds over the 'Veerse Meer'




 Last week we had a very short vacation in our province of Zeeland, not very far from our home. We had booked a vacation home close to the 'Veerse Meer' and the first day we went for a walk starting from the small town of Kortgene along the shoreline of the lake.

The walk was passing through a woodland area with lots of poplars and bushes and herbs on the forest floor. From time to time we could reach the shore of the lake and I made several (reference) pictures of the opposite side of the lake. Some of these pictures had a really dark cloud and its reflection in the lake (it would start to rain a little later) and I chose the best of these for a charcoal drawing as I had brought my drawing materials with me.

There are more pictures that need to be painted in watercolour, the colours of the sky, the water and the land were beautiful but the value contrast was not enough to make a good charcoal drawing.

The information about the materials I have used, the size, the price and availability of this drawing can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment