Sunday 23 May 2021

The test of time

 



As I mentioned in my recent posts, during our short vacation in our province Zeeland my husband and me made some nice walks and we made lots of pictures during those walks. The landscape is different from where we live, even though we are used to wide rivers so close to the sea. The Oosterschelde is a bit bigger, almost like a lake, it's as good as impossible to see the other side in some areas even on a bright day.

We made some pictures near the 'Oestergat', a place where the oysters were kept fresh and alive after the catch and before they were to be sold and transported.

This drawing was made after a picture my husband made, I went more down towards the water to make my reference pictures. The drawing was again made with charcoal, but I added some colour using my watercolour pencils. These have brighter colours than the Tinted Charcoal pencils and for a sunny day in spring I needed the brighter green that I have used in this drawing.

The title is a bit inspired by the May challenge of 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' which is about demolition. 

In this place time caused the demolition of the structure in the foreground. Mosses and lichens grow on the wooden structure and some of the metal caps of the poles are missing. These poles are the ones that are the most weathered.

The information about the paper and pencils I have used, the size, the price and availability of this drawing can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment