Tuesday 5 April 2022

King of the street

 



During our regular walks around the residential area where we live, my husband and me meet people, birds and cats. The cats are free to go where they like and don't always react when I talk to them. This one walked along with us for a short distance and when I asked permission to make some reference pictures he (?) allowed me to do so, taking a nice pose on the street.

It took some time for me to make a drawing, but today I was inspired to draw this nice guy.

This pose was a bit of a challenge because the head is slightly turned away from me and the edge of the cheek not very good visible as it has the same colour as the rest of the body, but I accepted that challenge and tried to make the best of it. 

The Conté pencils and crayons I used do not have the right colour for this beautiful red cat, in fact he was much paler, almost a very light orange. But as I wanted to use my Conté materials, some give and take was necessary where colour was concerned.

Of course my cat-drawing skills need a lot more practise but the result is not discouraging.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this drawing and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment