Wednesday 13 April 2022

Springtime in the garden


The new month means a new challenge by 'Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken' and this month the theme is 'Stranger'. As I do not paint people, I had to think of another stranger and a look into my own garden gave me the inspiration I needed.

A lot of our flower bulbs are left in the ground in summer and this has resulted in some mixing of the species. It can occur that a daffodil comes up between the tulips and this way I found the stranger I wanted for my contribution to this challenge.

This time I have used my watercolour markers - and water to make the colours flow and mix with a fine liner. I have explored this combination of art materials before and I liked the result so this was the moment to use these markers again.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this drawing and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment