Friday 10 June 2022

Sheepfold, Thülsfelder Talsperre

 


It's over a month ago that we were walking the signposted walk around the reservoir of the Thülsfelder Talsperre and made several reference pictures of the beautiful landscape.

Part of the west bank of the reservoir is adjacent to a beautiful moorland that even has room for a herd of sheep and - of course - a sheepfold. When we were walking there, the sheep were out, but the information panels were interesting as well. Of course I made reference pictures and today I chose to paint the sheepfold as it is in the moorland with some woodland directly behind it. 

On the left side of the path is moorland, with some patches of green because of the freshly growing herbs. The land on the right side is a bit different, more small trees and bushes and some wet areas as well. 

The trees close to the sheepfold are evergreen pine trees, but in the background are also deciduous trees, beginning to get their foliage.

This beautiful spot is just before the walk leads to the bridge I painted earlier.

The small trees on the right side of the path gave me some trouble, but after some corrections I am happy with the result.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this watercolour painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment