Tuesday 7 August 2018

Abbaye St Michel


On the way to the location of my painting vacation I made some stops. For coffee of course but also one for taking pictures. I followed the signs to 'Abbaye St. Michel' and was very happy with the views I had on that beautiful building.
Together with our teacher Ad van Aart I selected this view to be painted in watercolour. It includes both buildings and trees, the items I wanted to pay attention to this painting vacation.

In fact the building was not giving me the trouble I had thought it would, because of the trees and branches in front of the church I could work in a more 'painterly' fashion on the architecture.
The tree on the right gave me most of the trouble here and the advice to add some dots of a green mixture over the dark shadowy shape after it had dried completely was the best I could get here. Now I have to remember this for the next times.

I am very happy with this result, I really had not thought this could be the outcome of my turning off the road and following a sign towards an abbey.

More information (size, materials used, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment