Wednesday 15 August 2018

The park of the zoo - Planckendael


The park of the Zoo usually has a lot of inspiration for me. Of course I go to the Zoo for the animals, but the park with its trees, bridges and other landscape elements also has its charms. This scene was inspired by a view in the Zoo of Planckendael (Belgium).
I was inspired by the view of the bridge, surrounded by all those trees and bushes so I took some reference pictures, not knowing when I would use them for a painting. 

We were there in the summer of last year and the reference picture shows lots of greens, but today I was in a mood to paint with Earth Colours. I have added blue and violet for the shadows and the bridge.

Once again I have painted atmosphere, not all the details. All of the foliage is suggested, as are the trees in the background. Even the tree in the foreground and the bridge are not  as detailed as I would have done a few weeks ago.

More information about this watercolour painting (size, materials used, contact information, availability, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment