Tuesday 5 May 2020

A walk in the woods - mixed media


Last Sunday, during our walk in the woods near Rucphen, I made some reference pictures for landscape drawings. The first drawing is in my previous post, this second drawing is a mixed media, inspired by the colours of the grasses and bushes in the background.

Of course these colours cannot be depicted by a charcoal drawing alone, so I made a watercolour underpainting, using the light blue of the sky and the bright green and yellow of the bushes and grasses.
On my dry underpainting I worked with Tinted Charcoal pencils, so the drawing has not the deep black of charcoal, but the hints of colour I wanted for this drawing.
The paper I chose has more structure than the paper I use for a charcoal drawing and I have not 'filled the holes' of the paper so the lines are broken and my underpainting is still visible.

The information about the paper, paints and pencils I used and about the size and availability are in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment