Saturday 16 May 2020

Enchanted Garden


The May challenge of 'Goed Gezien-Goed Bekeken' - our regional amateur art association is 'enchanting gardens' which I changed to 'enchanted gardens'. To be more precise 'enchanted garden'.
My daughter has a lot of pictures of beautiful gardens and I asked her to send me some of the most enchanting ones. There was too much inspiration in there, but I decided almost immediately to paint the Museu Romântico (in Oporto) and its garden.

Of course I have changed some things, combined some pictures, added a very magical creature and after I was happy with my sketch I started my painting.
The size of the watercolour paper is not exactly the same as my sketchbook and something went off with the perspective while painting so I could throw it away or try to save it. 
First I tried to hide the problem behind some bushes, but in the end cropping the painting into a square was the best solution, and the perspective issue is not there anymore.

The information about the paper and paints I used, the size and availability are in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment