Sunday 31 May 2020

Eglantine


Where we live there are lots of plants, bushes and trees that are 'public green' and are maintained by the Public Service. We like that and enjoy our walks, even when we are not in a park area because we pass by these bushes and flowers everywhere we go. 
Very often the ones that are in bloom attract my attention and I make some quick pictures for reference.

This time of the year the eglantines are in bloom and the fragrance is great.
But the flowers are nice too so I painted them.

Even when the flowers are close together, there is a difference in colour, they have a lot of shades of pink and I have tried to paint those pinks.  
Compared to the flowers there is a lot of foliage, so the background is made to suggest all those leaves - and some other groups of flowers.

Painting these flowers was fun and the result is what I hoped for.
The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size and availability can all be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment