Friday 1 May 2020

Ragged-robin


Last weekend we went for a walk in our beautiful nature. Because of the restrictions we left home really early and arrived almost first at the beginning point of the signposted walk we planned to do. After the walk there were a lot more cars in the parking area so we ate our lunch and returned home.
During the walk we enjoyed the fresh air, being outside, the nature and we made some pictures - of course.
These flowers were on the side of a ditch and my husband leaned over the fence to make some reference pictures for me. It took some effort to find the name of the flower, but I found it in a book that has been given to me by my parents over fifty years ago. The English name was found using Wikipedia.

The flowers are a nice shade of pinkish violet and I wanted the background to be warm, not green. On this part of the plant are no leaves, so I did not need any green at all. 
The stems and flower buds are dark red or almost violet.
Because the flowers have a light colour I painted the background first and modified that - after I painted the flowers - where needed.

The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size of the painting and the availability can be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment