Wednesday 27 May 2020

(Common) Broom


During our last walks in our beautiful nature we did pass by some broom bushes in bloom and I made some pictures for reference. Of course the broom has lost its flowers by now and the seed pods have replaced them but fortunately the pictures do last a few weeks longer.

On a yellow background I painted the branches in the foreground first and added a background with some shadows and another little bush further away.
Bushes of the common broom seldom stand all alone in nature so I have suggested some more bush-like shapes around them. These could be blackberries or even very young trees, I leave that to the imagination of the spectator.

For the flowers I have used some of the colours that were chosen for the background. The two greens were mixed with two different shades of yellow and only one blue. 
I could have made the flowers stand out more by choosing a very different colour for my background, but that is 'not me' and I am really happy with this result.

The information about the paper and paint I have used, the size and availability are all in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment