Wednesday 10 March 2021

A new beginning

 



During one of our short walks we saw some tree trunks in a park that were growing new branches. The trees must have been cut because of a disease but the trunks and the roots were left in the ground. New branches with leaf buds were growing and I wanted to paint that. I did not take any reference pictures this time but I did look very well at the scene, to be able to paint it from  memory.

For this watercolour I have imagined the fresh leaves that must be on the branches now, a few days later. The tree trunk is dark of course, but I have used warm colours to indicate the life that is still there. 

The background is imaginary and I have used fresh, spring like colours. Once again it is really hard to make a good picture of my watercolour because there is not much daylight left in the afternoon. The rainy weather does not help either.

Painting a scene like this from memory turned out not to be difficult and I am happy with the result.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment