Monday 29 March 2021

What to choose...

 



The theme of this week's challenge (Travel) brought up the best - or worst - in me and this is the third work I have made inspired by this challenge and the description of its theme.

The announcement included the suggestion that we might travel again after this winter - and the lockdown - and we are challenged to draw or paint our favourite destinations.
That is where the stress begins!

For this drawing my husband helped me to print a photocopy of a map showing my hometown and a bit of the surrounding area. Rotterdam, a bit of the Port of Rotterdam, the old town of Dordrecht and our Natural Reserve 'De Biesbosch' are also visible on the map.

The options for a vacation are innumerable but my favourites are on the arrows on the directing post. I have guessed the direction of each destination and made the arrows so that the name should be legible. The direction post stands where my house is situated in our home town - this is approximately of course, the map is not that detailed.

The challenge is only for a week, if I had more time I would have put in much more effort than I could do now. It still was fun thinking about this one and making it - even in so little time.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this work and its availability can be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment