Saturday 27 March 2021

Memories of Honfleur

 


This week the theme of the challenge is about 'Travel' and we are asked to paint, draw or sketch our favourite destinations for a vacation. Of course there are many favourites but I thought it wise to choose a destination that can be recognised by an international jury.

So I thought of a sketch I made over ten years ago, sitting behind a cup of coffee in Honfleur. This little church is between two large buildings and on the side of the harbour. The water here usually is very low, so only the tips of the masts are visible.
Honfleur is a small town without much colour, there is a lot of grey stone used to build it. 
I added some colour to the buildings next to the church, which is really mostly grey with some touches of colour.

I have used my markers again - a line marker and my watercolour markers, combined with a wet brush for the washed effects. This is a technique I want to use more often, after my first experiment I really enjoy working with these materials.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of the drawing and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment