Sunday 7 March 2021

Family

 



This week the Lockdown Drawing Challenge is about Family. In the announcement they mentioned portraits of family members, at home or far away, but I do not paint people.

That means I had to think of something else or not participate at all. Inspiration was not far away - in a picture made by my son or my daughter-in-law. Of course I asked their permission to use the picture.

This little still life also depicts a family so I made a small painting inspired by the reference picture though it's not an exact copy of the socks on the line. I made up some details and omitted some other ones, still hoping to get an impression of the socks that can appear on a young family's washing line. 

This was the first time I have been painting a washing line, clothespins and laundry and I did enjoy the process. 

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this painting and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment