Saturday 20 March 2021

Tulips from....

 



Last week was my birthday but we could not have any visitors, due to the lockdown regulations. My brother and sister-in-law sent me a beautiful bouquet of tulips, so there still was a bit of festivity in my home.

The tulips are gone now, but from memory I have painted a few of the beautiful flowers I have enjoyed for almost a week. There are a lot of flowers in the painting, but this is not even a third of the bouquet that was on my table.

The new challenge with 'Spring' as its theme is perfectly timed for this painting. I wanted to paint these flowers to keep their colours in my home a little longer. 

For this watercolour I have chosen not to use very strong shadows, to keep the scene light and friendly. The flowers in the bouquet all had very delicate colours and they were not placed in direct sunlight. In this time of the year the sunlight is not really strong, so the shadows are soft as well. 

Again I enjoyed painting this scene and I am happy with the result.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment