Saturday 13 March 2021

Home is....

 



For the weekly Lockdown Drawing Challenge (Artists & Illustrators Magazine) we had to draw (or paint) 'Home' - either our home or what makes us feel at home in a place.

They also explained that a drawing or a sketch are also accepted, not only completed paintings.

So this time I have been thinking about "what makes a place a 'home' for me?" and about how to put that on paper.

My home is where my kitchen is so I made a reference picture of a small part of my kitchen. I made a line drawing on a sheet of paper and added colour with my watercolour markers. This was washed out with a bit of water and the result could be called a line and wash drawing. 

To explain why I have made this drawing I added the banner with the text.

The information about the materials I have used, the size of this drawing and its availability can all be found in my Tumblr blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment