Thursday 27 September 2018

Crossing....



The nature in our country is beautiful, but sometimes very wet. To be able to walk in these areas plank paths are constructed and maintained as part of the signposted walks.
Our last walk in 'Landgoed Visdonk' passed by one of those paths. The forest pond it crosses is a large one and the views are beautiful once on the path. This pond is an open area between two parts of the forest.
The plank path is very close to the surface and constructed in a slightly curvy way.
I have made some reference pictures at the beginning of the path for later use. 

It took some time before I knew what I wanted to paint, the day was bright and sunny and the pictures I made are very detailed. Because detailed painting is not the style I like the most  I had to think of something else.

For this watercolour painting I have changed the atmosphere of the scene from a bright sunny day into something more moody.
The foggy atmosphere is not so very strange in such a place, these forest ponds are well known for their morning fog after cold nights. 

After all this thinking I sketched the path and the lines of the forest in the background and started painting. I have used a limited palette of only four colours and only the beginning of the path has the suggestion of details.

More information about this watercolour painting (paper and colour used, size, availability, contact information) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment