Monday 17 September 2018

Our chestnut tree - end of summer


It's about time for an update on the chestnut tree in my front garden.
The chestnuts are falling off early this year, probably due to the hot and dry summer we had here. They fall inside their shells this time, sometimes in small groups with a part of the branch they were growing on.
Most of these will end in school, as my husband is a (primary) school teacher. 
I have 'saved' some of them and used a chestnut in its shell and a bit of a branch for a drawing.

For this drawing I have not made a sketch, the model was on my drawing table and I have used it directly. 
I have chosen some colours from my Graphitint Pencils and my Watercolour Pencils and combined them, mixing colours like I do when I am painting, until I had the results I was looking for.

More information about this drawing (size, paper and colours used, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment