Sunday 23 September 2018

The Trossachs - view in the Duke's Pass


Twelve years ago, on a short summer vacation in Scotland we visited a lot of beautiful scenery, great views and some tourist attractions.
Driving the Trossachs Trail we stopped at The Duke's Pass to see the views - and to make photographs of course. The whole family was there, each with a camera so there were lots of photographs for the album I usually make after such vacations. 
From that album I selected a few photographs of the same mountains and valleys - each a bit different from the other. 

The dark clouds above the mountains were great for a painting so I have tried to make them as moody as possible.
The mountains in the Scottish Highlands are not completely covered with forest and woodland, as are the high hills of The Ardennes or the mountains of the Sauerland, which are situated more southern than Scotland. In the Trossachs the mountains are not completely bare, there are grasslands and fields with mosses that give the area a nice green appearance in summer. Unfortunately I do not know anything about the other seasons.
For all that green I have mixed, layered, placed shadows until I was convinced I had achieved the same moody atmosphere as I had given to the clouds.

More information about this watercolour painting (colours and paper used, size, contact information, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment