Monday 27 April 2020

Lupine


Last year we made pictures of flowers, trees, landscapes and I did not use them all at the time. That happens more often than not and so I have a lot of pictures on my 'to do' list for watercolours, drawings or 'experiments'.

This is a bit of an experiment. I have used paper that does not accept more than one or two layers of paint so I had to adapt to that. This is a challenge that I have wanted to set for myself, the results are always different compared to my usual style of painting.

Both the background, the leaves and the flowers were painted as wet as the paper allows and after all was dry (so happy with my hairdryer) I added some pencil lines to define the shapes a bit better. The flowers did not need much, the leaves now have practically another layer of colour with the use of the pencils. 

The details of the paper, paints and pencils I have used can be found in the link at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment