Friday 18 December 2020

Air

 



One of the Facebook groups where I regularly post my artworks does have challenges. In fact, there are a lot of Facebook groups with challenges, but many of those do not inspire me to go to my studio and paint. This group however does have challenges that inspire me to think about the theme, make a painting and post it.

This time the challenge was about Air. In Dutch, 'air' is translated to a word that also means 'sky' and after some thinking I decided that this was to be my approach of the theme.

How to combine the two interpretations of the word came to my mind easily. Hot air balloons in the sky was to be the subject of my painting.

What makes the balloons float is 'air' and they can be seen in the 'sky'.

During summer and autumn they can be seen floating over our flat country when the temperature, the wind and other conditions are right and I really love to see them.

The composition is completely imaginary, the landscape is what can be seen in The Netherlands and the balloons are from the memory of having seen them.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this painting can all be found in my Tumblr 


No comments:

Post a Comment