Tuesday 22 December 2020

Amaryllis

 



One of the flowers we have in our homes in winter time is the Amaryllis (or Hippeastrum) and we usually buy a bulb that will grow a stem with flowers in the warmth of our living rooms. This is mostly a Christmas related thing, but sometimes the flowers come early or even later.
This year I have a bulb with flowers that are almost white, but earlier this month I got a dark red one in a bouquet and of course I have made pictures of both of them.

For this charcoal drawing I have combined the pictures of both flowers into one composition, positioning them as if there was a bouquet with three stems.

Of course I could have made a watercolour painting, but there are a lot of paintings made combining white and red flowers, so I decided on a charcoal drawing.
Maybe I will make a painting later, but the beautiful dark red colour of the flowers I got in the bouquet early December is not easy to mix and I think I will be disappointed by the results I will get.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this drawing can be found in my Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment