Tuesday 18 August 2020

And there was light....

 


During the week of painting with teacher Ad van Aart there was a day with a lesson about a 'surprising turn' in a painting or drawing. While looking for inspiration for the work in my previous post I found printed pictures of pages taken from the King James Bible and I wanted to use these in a mixed media work. Of course I discussed my plans with Ad first and we came up with a nice composition.

After cutting out the parts I wanted to use, I glued them to a sheet of watercolour paper with a transparent paste for acrylics and waited for it to dry.
I was inspired by the way these pages were printed, dark below and more light at the top of the pages. 

The part below the pages had to be a dark and unforgiving landscape, the part above the pages was to be much more friendly. The acrylic paste did influence the way my watercolour paint was to be applied to the underground, but in this case it only enhanced the atmosphere I wanted to create.

I was surprised and happy that one of my fellow students wanted to buy this work.

The information about the paper and paints I have used can be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment