Thursday 20 August 2020

Branch, summer

 


During our week of lessons there was an afternoon off, but it was too hot to go for a walk in the surrounding forest. So I stayed at our residence and painted a small watercolour using one of the 'blind contour drawings' of the first day for inspiration.

It had been hot and dry for weeks now and the trees were already losing their leaves. Those that did not yet loose leaves, had them hanging down from the branches.

For this small watercolour I chose to use only one colour, make a light background first and then paint the shape of the branch and the hanging leaves with a stronger mix (of paint and water).

Only when I saw the painting like it is now, I decided that it did not need any additions like the berries that were on the branch I had been drawing.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting are in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment