Sunday 23 August 2020

Heat

 


The August challenge of Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken was 'heat' and we have had a lot of that.
Of course I had to find a way to paint that and during the week of my painting vacation I did see leaves falling from the trees and bushes, as if it were already autumn.

The inspiration was there, now I only had to paint it. 
The monochromatic indigo watercolour of a branch I made in my vacation week had the image I wanted, but it was not 'hot' enough, so I decided to make a fiery red version using a red and two orange shades.

The leaves are almost shaped like flames and I added some falling leaves to emphasize the effects of the hot and dry weather we were having these past weeks.

The information about the paper and paints I have used, the size of the painting and the availability can be found in the link at the 'Galerie' page of my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment