Tuesday 12 June 2018

Our chestnut tree in springtime; the 'beginning' of the chestnuts - a pencil drawing


Our chestnut tree has lost its flowers now and there are lots of little 'fruits' where the flowers used to be. In the next few weeks a lot of these little green balls will fall off and only a few of them will be nice large chestnuts in autumn.
Of course I have made pictures of this moment and I have chosen one to be the reference for this pencil drawing.
I have used watercolour pencils and some drops of water to emphasise a few of the details. Not much, but they stand out just a little more than without the use of water.

The technique for mixing colours with pencils is a bit different from watercolour and I am happy that I am getting to know the possibilities this medium better with each drawing I am making. Of course that's what practise is for and the chestnut tree is a nice subject for these 'experiments'.

More information about this drawing (paper and pencils used, size, availability, etc.) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment