Tuesday 26 June 2018

Summer


This is another painting that is inspired by a sketch that was provided by the magazine 'Plaisirs de Peindre'. 
The landscape with the buildings, lines of trees and some bushes or mountains in the background is a nice challenge for me. The sketches given by the magazine are mostly basic outlines, so the colours, time of year and other details are left to the imagination of the artist.

The landscape is presumably not situated in The Netherlands, but that does not really matter. It could be here in a part of this country, in that case the shapes in the background are bushes.

I chose to make a summer scene out of this one. So that means I had to make trees with all their foliage, fields that are a bit yellow because of the heat and drought of summer and warm colours in the buildings. And some clouds in the sky of course, even in summertime we do have lots of clouds where I live.

Using sketches and references that are not my own (or given to me by my husband and children) is for me a chance to challenge myself and paint something I would not have chosen in other circumstances. By doing this I hope to increase my skills.

More information about this watercolour painting (paper and paint used, size, availability, etc) can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment