Friday 29 June 2018

A walk in the 'Alblasserbos'


Because of the nice weather we had lately I went for an early walk in the 'Alblasserbos' , a small forest area on walking distance of my home. There is a signposted walk through the forest that follows a nice path. For the more adventurous walkers there are small paths that can be really wet after some rain.
The name 'forest' is maybe a bit overdone for the place, but for us it is a nice spot with large trees. There even are two areas that are called 'Alblasserbos' and they are both protected. The Dutch word 'bos' means forest.

The signposted walk has a few seats close to the path, each with a nice view. During my walk I took some rest on one of those seats and made some sketches. 
The shape and perspective of the bridge is a bit of a challenge, especially when you are sketching with only one pencil. So I have made several studies to get the bridge right.

I have used all of those for this charcoal drawing of the view that inspired me.

More information can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment